Leverage CUAHSI's services for archiving and disseminating your data.
Benefits of publishing your data with CUAHSI include:
- Tools developed by the hydrologic community for accessing and analyzing your data
- Fulfilling granting agencies' Data Management Plan requirements
- Easy citation of your data through obtaining a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) and tools to track usage
- Create data-driven lessons from your data and complementary data available in CUAHSI's catalog
- Dedicated support staff
Contact CUAHSI with questions.
CUAHSI offers services and tools for archiving and publishing any data type, browse the different data types below to learn more.
New to data sharing?
Check out Enabling FAIR Data FAQs to learn more about community standards and how to get started.
Time Series Data
Examples of time series data include stream gauge measurements, meteorological station measurements, repeated “grab” samples, soil moisture measurements, and more. To publish your data in the CUAHSI Hydrologic Information System (HIS), it must have the following five attributes:
- Site: latitude and longitude
- Property measured: such as alkalinity or discharge
- Method: method used to make the measurement
- Source: the collecting agency
- Quality Control level: level of review of the data (the data can be in raw form)
- Create a publishing account
- Verify your account using the activation email
- Format your data: Follow the Guide and fill in the Excel Templates (Standard or Advanced)
- Upload your data: Follow the Guide using the Standard or Advanced uploading option
- Request Publication: Click Request Publication on the HydroServer Homepage to make your data service accessible to the public on HydroClient
- For all subsequent uploads, data is automatically published every Saturday unless requested otherwise Questions? Contact CUAHSI support at email@example.com
Upload geographic features (e.g. shapefiles) and geographic rasters on HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues or share your data publicly to be discovered and reused by other researchers. HydroShare has tools developed for specific GIS data types that will allow you to view without needing to download any data or software.
Models and Model Instances
Upload model programs or model instances to HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues or make your models and data publicly available to other researchers. HydroShare has tools for specific models like the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) and MODFLOW, but can be used to store and disseminate any type of model or model instance.
Other Data Types
HydroShare supports a number of other data types not listed on this page including multidimensional space-time (i.e. NetCDF) data and more. Upload any data type, including web applications, scripts, collections of different data, pdfs, word document, and more on HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues and share and publish your data. Share your data publicly or privately with a select group of collaborators. Read the HydroShare Help Pages for more information.
Legacy Tools for Publishing Time Series Data
Although CUAHSI now encourages all users to leverage our cloud-based data publication, you can still publish or manage your time series data using your own server. The HydroServer software, which is the same software that CUAHSI’s hosting service uses, is open source and freely available. You can use this software as is or adapt this software to your needs. Browse the Legacy Tools page for more information.