Leverage CUAHSI's services for archiving and disseminating your data.
Benefits of publishing your data with CUAHSI include:
- Tools developed by the hydrologic community for accessing and analyzing your data
- Fulfilling granting agencies' Data Management Plan requirements
- Easy citation of your data through obtaining a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) and tools to track usage
- Create data-driven lessons from your data and complementary data available in CUAHSI's catalog
- Dedicated support staff
Contact CUAHSI with questions. CUAHSI offers services and tools for archiving and publishing any data type, browse the different data types below to learn more.
Time Series Data
Examples of time series data include stream gauge measurements, meteorological station measurements, repeated “grab” samples, soil moisture measurements, and more. To publish your data in the CUAHSI Hydrologic Information System (HIS), it must have the following five attributes:
- Site: latitude and longitude
- Property measured: such as alkalinity or discharge
- Method: method used to make the measurement
- Source: the collecting agency
- Quality Control level: level of review of the data (the data can be in raw form)
- Request a database from CUAHSI
- While CUAHSI sets up your database, begin formatting your data to fit with our template and use the controlled vocabulary database to fill in required terms. Browse the Uploading Tutorial for guidance on formatting and uploading data.
- Once you have received an email that your database is set up, you may begin uploading your data to your database
- When you are ready for your data to be made public, register your service on the CUAHSI Catalog and accept the user agreement. CUAHSI will make the data public on a weekly basis or upon request.
Upload geographic features (e.g. shapefiles) and geographic rasters on HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues or share your data publicly to be discovered and reused by other researchers. HydroShare has tools developed for specific GIS data types that will allow you to view without needing to download any data or software.
Models and Model Instances
Upload model programs or model instances to HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues or make your models and data publicly available to other researchers. HydroShare has tools for specific models like the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) and MODFLOW, but can be used to store and disseminate any type of model or model instance.
Other Data Types
HydroShare supports a number of other data types not listed on this page including multidimensional space-time (i.e. NetCDF) data and more. Upload any data type, including web applications, scripts, collections of different data, pdfs, word document, and more on HydroShare to collaborate with colleagues and share and publish your data. Share your data publicly or privately with a select group of collaborators. Read the HydroShare Help Pages for more information.
Legacy Tools for Publishing Time Series Data
Although CUAHSI now encourages all users to leverage our cloud-based data publication, you can still publish or manage your time series data using your own server. The HydroServer software, which is the same software that CUAHSI’s hosting service uses, is open source and freely available. You can use this software as is or adapt this software to your needs. Browse the Legacy Tools page for more information.