CUAHSI has organized inter-university online courses to enhance the depth and breadth of graduate course offerings at universities across the nation, increase the rate of uptake of new research and facilitate networking among our hydrologic community.
CUAHSI is currently seeking faculty instructors for the Fall 2019 Virtual University. Applications are due November 1, 2018.
CUAHSI has organized inter-university online courses to enhance the depth and breadth of graduate course offerings at universities across the nation, increase the rate of uptake of new research and facilitate networking among our hydrologic community. It is anticipated that participating faculty will teach the course as part of their regular teaching responsibilities at their home institutions, and they are not compensated by CUAHSI for their participation.
The format of the course is designed to give students flexibility to select the three topics most relevant to them from a list of Specialized Online Hydrology Course modules. Modules are offered by leading faculty in these specialized research niches from across the country. Each module, which is equivalent to one-third of a semester course, is designed to facilitate interaction among the instructor and students and contain some evaluation elements (problem sets, projects, presentations, exams etc.). The instructor at each student’s home university will assign a grade based on the student scores and class distribution provided by the module instructor.
The course will run from September through November with each module being conducted for 4 weeks.
Only students from participating universities are eligible to participate.
View the Fall 2018 course syllabus here.
Faculty currently employed by a U.S. university are eligible to participate in the Virtual University.
Please note that student participation is limited. Students can only participate if there is faculty participation from the home university.
To participate in the Virtual University, each instructor must meet the following requirements:
- Be a faculty member of a graduate program relevant to the hydrologic sciences
- Receive university consent to participate in the CUAHSI Virtual University
- Be available to teach an online module synchronously for four consecutive weeks (September, October, or November), twice a week for 90 min (M/W or T/Th) or three times per week for 60 minutes (M/W/F).
- Hold office hours for students both at the home institution and virtually
- Participate in monthly preparation conference calls
To participate in the Virtual University instructors are expected to:
- Teach a module in their specialized sub-discipline
- Promote Virtual University among students at their home university
- Network and collaborate virtually with peers across the country
- Create greater awareness and community awareness of research activities
- Share data and resources across the hydrologic community
View the benefits of the Virtual University here.
The CUAHSI Virtual University application process is completed online through this Google Form. All required information must be submitted by the application deadline.
Applications for the CUAHSI Virtual University are due November 1, 2018 to participate in the Fall 2019 CUAHSI Virtual University.
Questions regarding the CUAHSI Virtual University and application can be directed to Elizabeth Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.