USGS South Atlantic WSC | Posted Sep 20, 2023
Deadline: Oct 4, 2023
- Experience Level:
- 0-5 Years
- Link to Apply:
- Apply Now
The USGS South Atlantic Water Science Center is looking for an experienced hydrologist (GS-9 or GS-11, permanent position) to join our team in Raleigh, NC. As a part of our team, you’ll propose and manage hydrologic and water-quality studies, apply statistical techniques to analyze and interpret hydrologic data, and write reports.
Qualified candidates will have experience with hydrologic data collection and analysis methods, the use of scientific programming/coding software, such as R and Python, to perform numerical analysis, and presenting science to a variety of stakeholders. Strong writing and statistical modeling skills are also required.
As a Hydrologist within the South Atlantic Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
• Plans and performs hydrologic and water quality studies.
• Collects hydrologic, water-quality, hydrogeologic, and geospatial data.
• Analyzes and interprets data by using statistical and geospatial techniques and numerical models.
• Applies scientific and technical expertise to hydrologic and water-quality investigations.
• Communicates scientific information orally and in writing to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.