Are you interested in sharing your expertise, methods and perspectives with the water science community? CUAHSI can help!
CUAHSI Training Workshops provide a unique opportunity to teach specialized courses that are generally not offered by larger educational institutions. Because we have an expansive and diverse network of constituents, our workshops have gained in popularity and tend to fill quickly. Workshops can be held virtually or in person.
So that workshop instructors can focus on constructing and executing the course curriculum, CUAHSI provides designated staff support to coordinate training workshops for the community.
What We Offer
- Limited funds to subsidize workshops
- Logistical support to plan, organize, advertise, and execute events including:
- Execution of necessary contracts, and underwriting of the class to remove any financial liability from the class instructors
- Publicity and marketing
- Budget creation and collection of registration fees
- Staff support for class planning
- Assistance with selection of class venue
- Computational resources and support such as Jupyter Hub, Matlab Online, and provisioning custom cloud-computing solutions for running complex hydrologic models and data intensive analysis.
In most cases, registration fees cover nearly the full cost of the workshop. Instructors are typically not compensated for developing the workshop, although honoraria can be paid to support staff that help with the workshop.
If you would like to discuss your idea for a workshop prior to submitting a proposal, or have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Proposal
Submit your proposal by November 15, 2021. Workshops submitted prior to this deadline, if accepted, will be scheduled between March 2022 and February 2023.
Submit your proposal via this form.
You can save and revisit the proposal, but final workshop proposals must be submitted by November 15, 2021 to be reviewed in this cycle.