2019 Fall Cyberseminar Series:
Emerging Advances in Hydrologic Education
Host: Emad Habib, University of Louisisana at Lafayette
With the increasing complexity in our natural and built systems, and with the recent advances in data and modeling technologies, hydrology educators recognize the need for providing learning experiences that address such challenges and opportunities. This Cyberseminar series will cover new developments that have emerged recently in the field of hydrology education, including: data and modeling-based learning experiences; use of active-learning pedagogies; development of open educational resources; digital and online education approaches; innovative methods for collaboration and sharing of learning resources; and water interdisciplinary curricula. The session highlights efforts at both undergraduate and graduate academic settings, as well as community and citizen-science engagements.
All talks take place on Wednesdays at 1 p.m. ET.
Dates, Speakers, and Topics:
- October 2, 2019: Citizen Science in Surface Hydrology; CrowdHydrology, FloodAware, and the Emerging Opportunity | Ben Ruddell (Northern Arizona University)
- October 9, 2019: Teaching and Learning about Socio-Hydrological Systems in an Introductory Undergraduate Water Course | Cory Forbes (University of Nebraska - Lincoln)
- October 16, 2019: Challenges in Implementing Active Learning: Strategies for Reducing Student Resistance | Maura Borrego (University of Texas at Austin)
- October 23, 2019: Collaborative development and sharing of learning resources in hydrology and water resources: experiences from the HydroLearn project | Emad Habib (University of Louisiana at Lafayette), Melissa Gallagher (University of Maine), David Tarboton (Utah State University), Dan Ames (BYU)
- October 30, 2019: CUAHSI Virtual University: An experiment in interinstitutiona; graduate education | Steven P. Loheide (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Registration is free!
You must register for the series in order to attend. To register click here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the series.