November 1: Deadline for Faculty Participation for 2020 CUAHSI Virtual University
2020 CUAHSI Virtual University
Application Deadline: November 1
The program enables university faculty to teach their specialized sub-discipline in an online setting.
CUAHSI Virtual University is composed of inter-university online courses aimed to enhance the depth and breadth of graduate course offerings at universities across the nation, increase the rate of uptake of new research and facilitate networking among our hydrologic community.
The format of the course is designed to give students flexibility to select the three topics most relevant to them from a list of Specialized Online Hydrology Course modules. Modules are offered by leading faculty in these specialized research niches from across the country. Each module, which is equivalent to one-third of a semester course, is designed to facilitate interaction among the instructor and students and contain some evaluation elements (problem sets, projects, presentations, exams etc.). The instructor at each student’s home university will assign a grade based on the student scores and class distribution provided by the module instructor.
The course will run from September through November with each module being conducted for 4 weeks.
Eligibility: Faculty currently employed by a U.S. university are eligible to participate in the Virtual University.
- Be a faculty member of a graduate program relevant to the hydrologic sciences
- Receive university consent to participate in the CUAHSI Virtual University
- Be available to teach an online module synchronously for four consecutive weeks (September, October, or November), twice a week for 90 min (M/W or T/Th) or three times per week for 60 minutes (M/W/F).
- Hold office hours for students both at the home institution and virtually
- Participate in monthly preparation conference calls
Applications must be submitted by November 1st, 2019 to participate in the Fall 2020 CUAHSI Virtual University.
For complete application instructions, click here.
Questions should be submitted to email@example.com.