March 15: Early Bird Registration Deadline for Short Course: Integrated Simulation of Watershed Systems Using ParFlow
Short Course: Integrated Simulation of Watershed Systems Using ParFlow
May 29 - 31, 2019
Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO
March 15 (Early Bird) | March 31 (Regular)
- CUAHSI Member - Student: $450 Early | $550 Regular
- Non-CUAHSI Member - Student: $500 Early | $600 Regular
- CUAHSI Member - Professional: $550 Early | $650 Regular
- Non-CUAHSI Member - Professional: $600 Early | $700 Regular
This class trains students in aspects of integrated hydrologic modeling using ParFlow. The course is problem based, focusing all modules and exercises on simulation of a single well-studied, research watershed. Students will gain familiarity in the processes simulated with this platform, gain understanding the disparate input and output datasets and gain understanding and familiarity of Linux commands, high performance computing, visualization and hydrologic analysis. The course is designed modularly and builds in complexity with a host of in-class exercises where the students explore this system under the guidance of the instructors.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Graduate students, post-docs, and professionals working in hydrology are invited to participate.
- Prior hydrologic and/or atmospheric modeling experience is advised.
- Unix/Linux command line operation recommended.