CUAHSI JupyterHub is Moving!
We encourage all active JupyterHub Legacy users to begin downloading all personal files and research data immediately. This can be done directly from the JupyterHub interface or by using the iRODs command-line utilities. Further information regarding these approaches can be found at https://help.hydroshare.org/apps/CUAHSI-JupyterHub. You will have access to the deprecated CUAHSI JupyterHub Legacy web application until June 30, 2020 for downloading data off the system.
The CUAHSI JupyterHub Legacy platform is being replaced with a scalable alternative hosted on the Google Cloud Platform: https://jupyterhub.cuahsi.org. Please note this is a new, slightly different URL. This new system, which will now be referred to as CUAHSI JupyterHub, supports all prior activities as well as enhanced configurations for classroom/workshop activities and customized user environments.
Please consider the following steps to minimize the disruption these changes have on your scientific workflows.
- Download existing data: Prior to June 30th, login to CUAHSI JupyterHub Legacy (https://jupyter.cuahsi.org) and download all of your data from the system. See https://help.hydroshare.org/apps/CUAHSI-JupyterHub for additional instructions and recommendations regarding this process.
- Join the CUAHSI JupyterHub group on HydroShare: All users must be members of the CUAHSI JupyterHub group on HydroShare to be granted access to the compute platform. This measure has been implemented to protect against malicious use and balance cloud computing resources.
- Begin using the new CUAHSI JupyterHub platform immediately: Users will have access to the deprecated CUAHSI JupyterHub Legacy web application until June 30th, 2020, but it should only be used for downloading data. CUAHSI will not automatically transfer any user files to the new platform. The new system can be accessed from HydroShare using the CUAHSI JupyterHub Legacy web application or via url at https://jupyterhub.cuahsi.org.
- The default web interface has been changed to JupyterLab. This is a modern user interface for Project Jupyter that supports simultaneous editing of multiple documents within the same view. For more information and a complete list of features, see https://jupyterlab.readthedocs.io/en/stable/.
- Choose from purpose-built computational environments when logging into JupyterHub. This provides an additional level of customization and improves the overall maintainability of the system.
- Authentication using the CUAHSI JupyterHub Hydroshare group as a whitelist. This improves our ability to protect the system from malicious use and balance cloud computing resources.
- All users are granted up to 5 GB of disk space to store data. These data will persist between sessions until 3 months of inactivity have elapsed, after which data will be permanently deleted from the JupyterHub platform. Users are notified prior to data deletion.
- The ability for users to create virtual environments (using Anaconda) that persist between sessions, and provides a high level of user customization. Additional information regarding the use of persistent Anaconda environments can be found at: https://help.hydroshare.org/apps/CUAHSI-JupyterHub/.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.