$200 Financial Support for Workshop: Facilitating the development, adaptation and sharing of active-learning resources in hydrology education
Workshop: Facilitating the development, adaptation and sharing of active-learning resources in hydrology education
This workshop is offered for hydrology faculty interested in implementing or adapting active-learning, data-driven resources.
- The workshop will use the HydroLearn platform, along with other community resources to enable participating faculty to develop and share educational resources.
- The workshop will
- showcase existing example modules cover best practices in developing student-centered learning activities
- include the design of pedagogically-sound learning objectives and assessment rubrics
- be conducted by hydrology faculty and an expert in education research
- Interested faculty may also be invited to participate in a follow-up funded fellowship program to engage in a semester-long adoption and testing of HydroLearn.
Requirements: Bring your laptop to participate in hands-on activities.
To attend our workshop:
- Register for the 2019 CUAHSI Conference on Hydroinformatics, on July 29 – 31 in Provo, UT
- Sign up for the workshop during the registration process
- Workshop takes place July 30th from 1:30 – 3:00 pm
Finanal Support: A limited number of financial awards ($200) to help defray travel or registration costs is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Contact (email@example.com)