Watershed District Administrator - Buffalo Red River Watershed District - Barnesville, MN
As the District Administrator, act as the Board's staff for policy development, constituent services, and general support. Administer, implement, and enforce the District's watershed plan, rules, regulations, and programs. Facilitate cooperative agreements with counties, municipalities, and other agencies to implement District programs. Supervise and direct staff and consultants. Carry out work assignments an priorities as established by the District Board of Managers through the annual work plan, Board-approved policies and procedures, and Board directives. Actions are subject to approval of the Board of Managers.
- With the Board of Managers, develop and adjust goals, programs, policies, projects and priorities to ensure prudent use and management of water and related land resources in the District.
- Manage District activities to implement the District's goals, and objectives, through coordination with governmental agencies, and supervision of District consultants, vendor, and contractors.
- Manage District budgets and finances to ensure that resources are available to accomplish District goals and objectives and to maintain financial stability.
- Represent the District in the community and support the Board's similar efforts, demonstrating leadership that helps to achieve District goals and objectives.
- Provide staff leadership and supervision
Bachelor's degree preferred or associate's degree with minimum 5+ years experience in water resources, natural resources management, land use management, public affairs, environmental studies or a similar field. Experience in a supervisory, management, or lead worker position with direct involvement in one or more of the fields of experience noted above is a plus. The incumbent must have skills in:
- Working knowledge of state, local, regional, and federal laws and regulations related to watershed and drainage activities.
- Budget development and project execution skills.
- Experience in contract and grants administration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office and familiar with GIS systems.
- Working constructively and creatively with boards.
- Experience with office administration and staff supervision.
- Valid driver's license and in good standing.
As a BRRWD/Houston Engineering employee, you will receive competitive pay, superior benefits, a flexible working environment and the ability to reside in a thriving community that will improve your quality of life!
To see all benefits and to apply, please visit www.houstoneng.com/careers
EOA AA M/F/Vet/Disability