Hydrogeologist, Houston Engineering, Inc.
At Houston Engineering, Inc, we are scientists, engineers, GIS specialists, programmers, and surveyors providing innovative and practical leading-edge solutions to public, private, and non-profit clients. Our work is conducted from multiple offices throughout ND, SD, and MN, but our reach goes well beyond the Midwest. We pride ourselves on our commitment to meeting client needs, innovative environmental solutions, and providing an engaging, fun work environment for our staff. Currently we have an immediate opening for a Hydrogeologist in either our Sioux Falls, SD or Maple Grove, MN location.
We are seeking a professional capable of interacting with our senior staff and clients principally to guide and manage projects related to the hydrogeologic assessment and monitoring at solid waste facilities and other governmental, private, and industrial facilities. The successful candidate will become an important part in servicing our long-term clients as well as playing a key role in expanding our client base.
We offer an entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible work environment which allows you to pursue your creative vision in a supportive, relaxed, and professional setting.
· Understanding regulatory policies of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, North Dakota Department of Health and the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources with an emphasis on hazardous/solid waste and groundwater pollution-related rules and statutes,
· Experience in managing, evaluating, and reporting groundwater monitoring data. Shepherding completed reports through the submittal, public review, comment response and completion process,
· Performing hydrogeologic assessments for industrial sites, water supply projects, and other projects where an understanding of the hydrogeology of a site is required,
· Project Management including internal project coordination and direct coordination with clients, and
· Business development through establishing and maintaining client relationships.
· Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific discipline meeting the requirements for registration as a Professional Geologist in Minnesota, either by testing or reciprocity,
· Five years of experience in an applicable discipline showing a pattern of increasing responsibility and technical development,
· Strong written and communication skills, and
· The ability to organize, coordinate and conduct public meetings.
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
To apply, go to: www.houstoneng.com/careers