DevOps Engineer, CUAHSI
Do you want to help solve problems of global importance? Do you want to work with a fast-paced, collaborative team developing solutions to the world’s water problems? Are you creative, collaborative, productive, and flexible? Then you should be part of the CUAHSI Team.
Become part of a global community that is committed to developing solutions to the world’s water problems and for implementing policy solutions that can improve the lives of people everywhere through ready, transparent access to water data and water modeling tools.
The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, seeks a full time DevOps Engineer to join our team in Cambridge, MA. You would be working on an open source, web-service based architecture in a cloud environment to enable our water data services.
- Support existing cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with senior team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- You possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field; experience in environmental science or water-resources issues is a plus.
- You have 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or an equivalent role.
- You have solid experience in managing Linux and Docker-based infrastructure.
- You possess working knowledge of either Azure/AWS/Google cloud technologies.
- You have experience managing CI/CD automation, such as Jenkins, Selenium, Bamboo, or Travis.
- You have working knowledge of scripting and Python.
- You are experienced in source code management through Git and GitHub, or similar.
- You are flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CUAHSI is a non-profit university consortium of more than 130 institutions from the United States and around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a very competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, paid vacation, disability, and a 403(b) retirement plan. For more information, visit www.cuahsi.org.