Submit an abstract for ICRW8 by January 16th!
Posted Nov 8, 2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ABSTRACT FOR ICRW8 2023
JANUARY 16, 2023 / 11:59 PM - 11:59 PM PT
The Interagency Research in the Watersheds conference (ICRW8) will convene June 5-8, 2023 in Corvallis, Oregon.
The conference aims to bring together watershed scientists, stakeholders, and managers to share scientific advances and management strategies to sustain the country’s water resources, spanning streams, rivers, lakes, and estuaries. This year’s theme is “Adaptive watershed science and ecosystem management in a changing climate.” Presenters will include researchers from government, academic, nonprofit, and community organizations working to protect, restore, and manage water resources at local to national scales.
In October, we received many exciting session and workshop proposals. Examples of anticipated sessions for ICRW8 include:
- State of the science for regulated rivers
- Groundwater efforts in the Harney and Walla Walla Basins
- Wildfire effects on watersheds
- Tribal watershed science and management
- Bedrock flow and reactions: implications for ecohydrology and watershed exports
- Mercury cycling in reservoirs
- Emerging methods in the geomorphology of river corridors
- Understanding and predicting cyanobacterial harmful algal blooms
- Retrospective and prospective catchment studies at the H.J. Andrews Experimental Forest and other Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) sites
- Partnering science, decision makers and industry in catchment studies
- Impacts of climate change and extreme weather on snowpack dynamics and snow contributions to streamflow
You are invited to submit an abstract for an oral or poster presentation. Abstract submission details and form are here.
Abstracts are due January 16, 2023 by 11:59 PM PST. Late abstracts will not be considered.
Manuscripts derived from the research presented during any of the conference sessions will be considered for inclusion in a Feature Collection of the Journal of American Water Resources Association (JAWRA).
Authors will be responsible for meeting all deadlines and page costs.